• The DH Green Book (Chapter 3) recommends the calibration of vaccine fridges at least once a year, along with regular Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
We're here to help! Trained and approved by all major manufacturers, our team of Expert Technicians are available to visit your practice.
• Always follow the manufacturer recommended storage temperatures.
• Don't use domestic grade fridges for storing vaccines - they're not designed to maintain temperature consistency.
• Use a minimum - maximum thermometer (or automatic temperature monitor data logger) and keep a twice daily record of the temperature.
• Have back-up vaccine storage (e.g. coolbags or a portable fridge) in case of power failure.
• Label your fridge plug to avoid it being turned off accidentally.
• Position fridges away from heat sources such as radiators.
• Regularly check vaccine expiry dates and aid stock rotation with the use of wire drawers.